Welcome to our 2022 season! If you are just interested in getting our produce, follow this link to create an account on our online store. From there you can shop our store for market pick up or sign up for a CSA subscription. We look forward to growing for you this year!
2022 will be our 15th season delivering CSA boxes throughout the Dayton area. When you sign up for our CSA you will receive a delivery of seasonal, certified organic produce grown on our farm in New Lebanon, OH. Our main season CSA runs from early June through mid-November. Scroll down to see sample shares from previous seasons. You can also scroll through our CSA Newsletters to see what produce we have sent out in previous years and the recipes, etc. that we provide with our produce.
Market season at 2nd Street Market in Downtown Dayton begins May 7th! We will have our certified organic plant starts available. Shop on our store to preorder today! (farm pick is also available but you must let us know in the checkout process in notes that you will be picking up at the farm)
This Week’s Harvest Basil Black Spanish Radish Fennel Salad Mix Bok Choi Fennel Cucumbers Zucchini Fresh Garlic Scallions (last of the season!) Farm News Last week I… Read more “CSA Week 4”
This Week’s Harvest Butter Lettuce OR Salad Mix Kale Fennel Scallions Red Beets with tops Garlic Scapes Bok Choi Purple Kohlrabi Arugula Basil Zucchini Cucumber Farm News… Read more “CSA Week 3”
This Week’s Harvest Scallions Garlic scapes Butter lettuce Salad mix Spinach OR chard Carrots Dill Spigarello Cucumber Arugula Kohlrabi Radishes Farm News Just when we were thinking… Read more “CSA WEEK 2”
Mile Creek Farm is Emily and Ben Jackle
We can be found at the following address (Directions to the farm):
10786 Mile Rd.
New Lebanon, OH 45345
Phone (call or text): 937-687-8762
You can email us using the following form:
INTERESTED IN WORKING AT MILE CREEK FARM?
All employees are expected to:
- have the physical stamina to work a full day in conditions that at times will be hot, dry and dusty and at other times cold, wet and muddy. You must be able to keep up with other workers when we are working as a team and also able to push yourself to work quickly and efficiently when working on your own.
- be responsible for working efficiently and quickly to complete all work.
- be on time and ready to work when the workday begins.
- be able to complete physically demanding tasks that may include standing, squatting or bending for extended periods of time.
- be able to lift up to 50 pounds if necessary.
- be able and willing to work in weather that may be cold, hot, rainy, windy, humid and/or otherwise uncomfortable.
- be able to work independently or cooperatively as needed. There are days when everyone will be working side by side to complete a large task and there will be other days when everyone will be working separately on individual tasks.
Pay starts at $12/ hour. No prior experience is needed, but a desire to learn and a willingness to work hard are essential. Workers are encouraged to enjoy the fruits of their labor with vegetables from the farm as they are available. We carry workman’s compensation for all employees, but do not provide any additional health benefits.
Harvesters: Harvesters mainly participate in the weekly vegetable harvest for CSA, wholesale and market so the bulk of the season runs runs June to September and possibly into October. Minimum two month commitment required. Must work efficiently and be able to follow directions. Must be able and willing to work in summer heat, muddy wet conditions, and everything in between. Part time or full time.
Growing and Harvesting Assistant: This position may be full or part-time, and is available able from mid-May through November (minimum three month commitment). Ideal candidates will also have an interest in organic food and farming.
The growing and harvesting assistant’s tasks will include greenhouse, fieldwork and harvesting duties.
- Fieldwork duties: Assist with all aspects of crop production in the fields, including planting (riding on the tractor driven transplanter) crops in the field, weeding (using an assortment of hoes and/or hand-weeding), and other crop maintenance such as laying plastic mulch, trellising, moving plants into or out of the greenhouse as necessary, and other tasks as the need arises.
- Harvesting duties: Participate in the weekly vegetable harvest for CSA, wholesale and market. Responsibilities will include managing part-time workers in an efficient harvest, washing produce, record keeping and other tasks as the need arises.
Packing Shed Assistant: This position is full time, and is available able from mid-May through November. If you are interested in working earlier in the year it may be possible to begin this position as early as mid-March with Greenhouse and Fieldwork duties.
The packing shed assistant’s duties will be primarily focused on the post-harvest handling of the farm’s produce. This will include washing, sorting, organizing and packing vegetables for distribution through our CSA, wholesale accounts and at our market stand.
If you would like to apply for one of the positions above or a combination of positions please email us a resume and cover letter indicating the position(s) you are interested in and your qualifications and experience.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. We can be reached via phone at 937-687-8762 or through email with the following form.