This Week’s Harvest
- Caraflex Cabbage
- Globe Eggplant or Fairytale Eggplant
- Sweet Onions
- Jalapeño Peppers
- Green Bell Peppers
- Sweet Corn
SAVE THE DATE! CSA Member Field Walk Monday 7/25 7pm (rain date 7/27)
Join us as we tour the fields and see up close and personal how your food is grown! We’ll gather around 7 and begin the walk at 7:30. We hope that you and your loved ones can join us!
This week’s Newsletter is going to be truncated because, after being out of commission all weekend due to nausea and fatigue, a trip to the ER Sunday night revealed that I had appendicitis! So your farmer had surgery to have her appendix removed and is writing this post operation in the hospital! Should be an interesting month here as I am not allowed to lift anything over 15 pounds! (Your full csa bins are definitely 15 lbs!)
- Cabbage Cucumber Coleslaw https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/cucumber-cabbage-slaw-5312774
- Baked Eggplant https://www.thekitchn.com/baked-eggplant-recipe-23199174
- Zucchini onion pie https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/zucchini-onion-pie/
- Jalapeño Popper Corn Salad https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/jalapeno-popper-grilled-corn-salad/
Coming Up Next Week (our best guess….) cantaloupe, sungold cherry tomatoes, shishito peppers, beets, jalapeños, salad mix, tomatillos and more!