This Week’s Harvest
- Napa Cabbage
- Haukeri Turnips
- Cauliflower OR Potatoes
- Salad Mix OR Head Lettuce
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green tomatoes
This week on the farm we have been busy hosting visitors. First on Friday we had our annual organic inspection and that involved an afternoon of touring the farm and going over record keeping with the inspector. And then on Sunday we had CSA members out to see the farm and eat yummy food! I love potlucks because the food always tastes amazing and I’m left with fresh ideas for preparing vegetables. And it’s always fun to feel free to eat like 5 desserts! Plus it’s great seeing CSA customers we know and meeting new ones!
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Cajun Dill Dip
- Warm Potato Salad with Kale and Dill
- Roasted Roots with Tumeric Tahini Dressing (beets and kohlrabi can sub for rutabaga and parsnips)
- Sweet Potato Curry (Napa cabbage can be used in place of Kale)
- Turnip Bacon Fritters
Coming Up Next Week (our best guess…) Broccoli, Arugula, Collards, Head Lettuce, Daikon Radish, Sweet Potatoes, Beets, Carrots, Bell Peppers, Fennel, Kohlrabi Next week will be the final week of the regular season! Check your email inbox for details about our extended season that begins Nov. 7!